My focus is on helping people shift their internal world to bring about changes in their external world. I have worked with individuals, organizations, and academia to further personal growth and change. I am a licensed psychotherapist, intuitive coach, group facilitator and speaker dedicated to helping people turn inner transformation into outward manifestation. I have spent the last 20 years working with both eastern and western perspectives and combine traditional and non-traditional approaches to human development — integrating psychological modalities, subtle energy practices and spiritual philosophies.
I work with various issues that many of us encounter – relationship and intimacy struggles, anxiety from stress and performance issues, social anxiety, life transitions, sexual issues, self-doubt, spiritual and life purpose questions- to name a few. What is unique about my practice is how I work. I combine Western and Eastern techniques to support inner transformation in service of outer change. I believe that the more connected we are to our authentic self, the happier we are in life. It truly is possible to feel better!
In life we sometimes go through difficult challenges both internally and externally. These experiences can create an inner atmosphere of distress, negative thoughts or self-sabotaging behavior. I believe much our inner world is governed by our perspectives and interpretations of these experiences and healing lies in understanding these perspectives. Where do they come from? How do they affect us? How do we shift them? By clearing the beliefs underneath our perspectives, we can live life with more joy and freedom.
Because every life journey is unique, I combine traditional and nontraditional modalities for a customized, experiential approach.
My Experience and Credentials
Certifications & Trainings
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Certified Addiction Counselor Level III
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming Master Practitioner
- Certified Eden Energy Medicine Practitioner
- Certified Mind Energy Body Psychotherapist through the Mind-Energy-Body Institute in Boulder, CO
- Extensive training and practice in Dialectic Behavior Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, ACT and EMDR
- Completed training with TherapeuticSpiral International in effective trauma work
- Trained in Emotional Freedom Technique
Diversity and Inclusion
- Member of the Strategic Advisory Board for Emerging Women Live
- Fluent in Spanish
- Lead multicultural diversity training for incoming interns at Boulder Mental Health Partners in Boulder, CO
- Red Cross Volunteer on the National Disaster Call Center Hotline in Denver, CO
- Rape crisis counselor with MESA: Moving to End Sexual Assault for English and Spanish clients
- Founded and participated in the diversity committee at Psychological Health and Psychiatry (PHP) for two years focusing on improving services offered to underprivileged populations as well as implementing trainings for staff in cultural competency as a Psychotherapist, microaggressions and white privilege.
- Led groups in Spanish for Latina women that focused on accessing community resources, educating on legal rights and health issues as well as exploring acculturation, parenting and other psychological issues at the Mental Health Center of Boulder County
- Volunteered in the literacy program at Crestview Elementary School in Boulder, CO
Group and Workshop Experience
- Presented “From Overwhelmed to Overjoyed” workshop at Women Powering Change 2016 Conference in Denver and Emerging Women Live 2016 in San Fransisco.
- Pioneered and presently running a 12-week group course in consciousness and self-mastery
- Facilitated a four year on-going group for graduate students interested in exploring consciousness and developing a spiritual practice
- Taught meditation for relaxation and personal transformation
- Created and led psycho-educational groups on substance recovery and maintenance
- Ran Dialectic Behavior Therapy groups for four years
- Taught 123 MAGIC to Latino families for the Child and Family Service team at Mental Health Center of Boulder County
- Co-created and facilitated a bereavement support group at Boulder High School
- Created and ran a workshop for Sociology graduate students at the University of Colorado focusing on Energy Psychology skills to help reduce stress and mitigate internal distress and suffering
- Created and implemented a workshop entitled “Navigate the Spirit Realms”
- Ran various workshops on utilizing shamanic practices for personal growth
- Guest lecturer at Regis College on Energy Psychology
- Facilitated a talk on the benefits of Energy Psychology and Energy Medicine for reducing anxiety and managing stress to directors and staff at Wardenburg Health Center.
- Assisted teaching a graduate course entitled Clinical Assessment (Spring 2005 and Fall 2006)
- Lectured on “Differentiating a Spiritual Emergency from a Psychotic Experience,” at Naropa University, Fall 2006 and 2007
- Presenter on Dialectic Behavior Therapy at conference entitled “The Way of Mindfulness in Group Psychotherapy”, hosted by Colorado Group Psychotherapy Society
- Taught teens participating in a weekly group for self growth in Boulder, CO how to develop intuition through shamanic journey work
- Created and taught a model of therapy combining the transtheoretical model of behavior change, which assess an individual’s readiness to act on a new healthier behavior and mindfulness practices best suited to the various stages of change
- Participated on various panel discussions focused on the benefits of mindfulness and a transpersonal perspective in psychotherapy
- Assisted in various workshops during the foundations training course for Eden Energy Medicine Certification program
- Created and presented a policy for Psychological Health and Psychiatry on the use of new technologies in clinical practice
My Training, Certifications & Degrees [PDF]